I got tagged by Amy Dalton a couple of weeks ago and haven't had time to do it until now. I'm supposed to tell six things about myself and then tag six people to do the same thing on their blog. I think most of the people I know who have blogs have already been tagged recently, but I will try to think of a few. I guess it's okay if we hear from them twice. I will leave a comment letting them know they have been tagged.
1) I broke both of my arms at the same time in the 7th grade. It was definitely a character-building experience. It was also the best excuse out of homework I have ever had. I got to "write" a book report by talking onto a cassette. My math teacher sat with me and wrote as I dictated my responses to an Algebra test, and when I was not on the right track she would basically just do it for me. Another teacher told me that if I could just manage to chicken-scratch my name onto our test paper, he would give me an A on the test. For anyone looking for an easy quarter, I recommend duplicate fractures.
2) I spent four months in El Salvador the summer of 2001. There were large earthquakes there earlier in the year that devastated a lot of poor communities. We helped people rebuild their homes, worked with orphaned children, volunteered with a microcredit organization, etc. I fell in LOVE with the Salvadorian people and the Spanish language on that trip. Add to that the fact that I served a Spanish-speaking mission in NYC and you have one girl that is totally enamored of all things latino. I don't know exactly what my political stance is on immigration, but after seeing what life is like where these people are coming from, I admit that I would hop a border to feed my children too.
3) My goal in life is to have a lap pool. Okay, maybe it's just one of my goals in life. I have bad ankles and, therefore, most exercise is painful for me, but swimming is something I thoroughly enjoy! I was on the swim team in high school. I was never any good and I hate competing, but to this day even the smell of chlorine is therapeutic for me. Too bad I don't love being seen in a swimsuit. That's why I need a pool of my own.
4) I examine my child's head every day to see if her hair shows any sign of curling. Considering the fact that I cursed my own frizzy locks every day of my childhood, it may seem cruel that I wish the same fate upon my offspring. I just want her to look like me! Everyone who sees her says she looks just like her dad. That being said, I vow to never cut her bangs into fringy curlicues across her forehead, generate 12 kilowatts of electricity by brushing her hair after it dries, or make her wear a side ponytail. Some history just doesn't need to be repeated.
5) I have a secret crush on my husband. I know he knows that I love him, but what he doesn't know is that sometimes I have to turn my head away so he doesn't see me smile in the middle of an argument because I just think he's so darn cute. And when he's not home I get excited every time the freezer makes ice or the washing machine shifts cycles because I think it's the garage door opening and him coming home early. He's pretty much the love of my life. Shh... don't tell.
6) I love horseradish. And wasabi. Are they the same thing? I just love the way it flushes out your sinuses in such a painful, yet somehow satisfying, way. I put this on here just for Jason because he refers to the stuff as "poison." But he shares my love of jalapenos, hot sauce, banana peppers, curry, and all other spicy foods. So we're a good match.
Okay, I tag Katy, Linzy, Amanda, Lesly, Tawni, and Mandy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love your 6 facts. I enjoyed reading those more than the other 10 I have read. You are a very good writer. And I love that you love Jason so much. Sounds like your dreams have come true with him.
Yes, that was great to learn more about you. I was smiling the whole time except when I was chuckling under my breath. (I'm by myself, so laughing out loud seems strange.)Thanks for doing the tag!
I really enjoyed learning more about you! I'd love to have a pool too one of these days. Just wondering...how did you break both arms at the same time?
Post a Comment