I hope you realize that I'm totally kidding. I always think it's hilarious when they have paranormal documentaries and they use photos like this as evidence that ghosts exist. Now, I'm not saying that they DON'T exist, but I'm pretty darn sure the weird orange blob in this picture is NOT a ghost. We spent a lot of time outside while I was there. The weather was surprisingly decent for this time of year, and the girls enjoyed playing in the little kiddie pool. This meant that both of them were unclothed for the majority of the visit. Notice Brooklyn has no pants on. By the way, nice legs, Tyler! lol =)
These next pictures are my favorites. We have discovered that Brooklyn likes big men. She generally bonds with men more than women, and it is especially true if they are large and scary-looking. This means she really liked my brother Brady. (Haha, Beez! I just called you scary-looking on my blog!) Here is some evidence: Brooklyn Sad.
Brooklyn Glad!!
Whenever she was fussy, I would send her to Brady and he could cheer her right up. I've never seen her act that way with ANYONE. It was SO cute. She adores him.
My mom emailed me this last picture. My dad has an inversion table to help stretch out his sore back and shoulder. The idea is to spend some time upside-down and basically reverse the effects of gravity. I don't know if I noticed any difference in my back, but it was sure fun flipping around on it!
A few other highlights from the trip:
We got to go shopping quite a few times and I actually found a few things that I like.
We made about 10 batches of Chex Muddy Buddies and I gained 2 pounds...
Mom, Brooklyn and I went out to lunch at Red Robin.
Brady took me and Brooklyn to the movies. We saw "Get Smart." It was cute. At one point, Brady took Brooklyn out cuz she was being loud and showed her off to all his friends. (He works at the theater.)
Katy and I ran into our neighbor growing up at Rubio's. It was kind of fun to see him after several years.
We got to see Jennifer and her baby Annie who is two weeks older than Brooklyn. My child is huge.
We went to dinner at Cactus Valley with my parents.
Katy, Lucy, and Tyler came over for dinner a few times.
My sister and I made lettuce wraps together.
I got to see ultrasound pictures of my little nephew.
Brooklyn learned how to take naps.
We went to Babies R Us with Katy so she could register.
We saw some old friends, Lisa and Hannah, and their babies at church.
We went to my friend Amanda's new house and took the grand tour. Then we went to her grandma's house for dinner.
We went to Trader Joe's and got some great Weight Watcher's snacks to bring home to Jason. I loved going but it made me sad that we don't have one here.
I really enjoyed the trip. The flight was AWESOME!! We took Delta's direct flight from SLC to Bakersfield and were there in about 90 minutes. That's the fastest, easiest way I have ever traveled to Bakersfield. Too bad they are discontinuing the flight in the Fall. Boo. I loved being with my family, but I missed Jason the whole time. It's also really tiring to be in charge of a baby 24/7 with no husband to help you out. I guess we need to move there so I can have the best of both worlds. Coming home was very bittersweet. Thanks for putting us up, Mom and Dad!!


1 comment:
AND...you visited with Annie's Grandma Jillana, who met Brooklyn for the first time..hell-o!
Post a Comment