Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Boy

OH, this BOY!! I can't even begin to describe how in LOVE with him I am! It's crazy how different it is having a boy than a girl and there really aren't even many differences yet. He has hit a few milestones earlier than the girls did, and others much later. For example, he was rolling over (like over and over to get around) at 3 months and sitting steadily on his own at 6 months. However, he still hasn't slept through the night, and he has no sign at all of getting a tooth. I think both girls were sleeping through the night before 2 months. I'm pretty much exhausted all the time. Good thing he is totally adorable and I'm completely wrapped around his perfect little finger. The girls are pretty nuts over him too. I often have to break up fights over who gets to give him his toy or feed him his bottle. Sometimes Brooklyn cries before school because she doesn't want to leave Deacon. (She's never said that about any of the rest of us... *sniff sniff*) Here are a few pictures of my handsome little Deeker boy!

First picture I took with my new iPhone - 9/14/12
2.5 months old
My little LOVE!
Brooklyn & Deacon 10/18/12

Deacon's blessing day - 10/14/12 - So nice to have both sets of grandparents there!

He started giving me vague smiles at 3 weeks. They just got more and more pronounced. This is around 8 weeks old.
I was shocked that he started rolling over at 3 months and 1 day old! Broke my heart a little. :-( 
10/24/12

He got my eyes. :-) 10/6/12

Starting to like toys! 11/14/12
With Nana at Grandma Great's house in St. George for Thanksgiving 2012
Loves sitting up like a big boy! 12/6/12
ADORABLE!!! 12/8/12
Starting to eat big boy food - 5 months old
Little goofball :-)
12/22/12
He got bronchiolitis and had breathing treatments with the nebulizer for a month!
12/23/12

Peekaboo under the bed.
1/1/13
Loved his new toy he got for Christmas.
1/3/13
Twinners!
1/3/13
Being sick is no fun.
1/14/13
AAAHH!! That little face gets me every time!!

His sisters decorated him. He was not amused.
1/18/13
My two favorite guys.
1/15/13
Loves playing with big sis.


First time the 2 boy cousins played together! Carter (4) and Deacon (6 months)
1/26/13
Rub a dub dub, THREE kids in a tub! They all loved it.
1/27/13

Finding his voice
11/16/12
He wants to crawl so bad, but can only move in circles and get frustrated!
1/25/12
Deacon's reaction to the news of Obama's reelection.
11/6/12




2 comments:

France said...

Love this post! What a cutie! Can't wait until I get to meet him.

Genevieve Beck said...

Such a cute boy and such a fun post! I can see that he's quite the star of the family.